Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fukushima radioactive fallout nears Chernobyl levels - health - 24 March 2011 - New Scientist

Fukushima radioactive fallout nears Chernobyl levels - health - 24 March 2011 - New Scientist

Austrian researchers have used a worldwide network of radiation detectors – designed to spot clandestine nuclear bomb tests – to show that iodine-131 is being released at daily levels 73 per cent of those seen after the 1986 disaster. The daily amount of caesium-137 released from Fukushima Daiichi is around 60 per cent of the amount released from Chernobyl.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20285-fukushima-radioactive-fallout-nears-chernobyl-levels.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very pleased to uncover this website. I need to to thank you for ones time due to this fantastic read!! I definitely liked every part of it and I have you book-marked to look at new things in your blog.
Also see my web page :: click through the next site