Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Design Patterns and Component Based Design

I understand design Patterns, and right now I am reading Ted Faison's book component based design. It is a wonderful book to begin with, since it touches on the UML at the beginning.

I am not clear at this point:

1.0 How component based design is different from design pattern and or application framework. I will post the details.

2.0 Since we can leverage existing third party components ( Read Software Class libraries, frameworks, components) in .NET technology, why I am not familiar with such.

3.0 Class libraries like LEDA, STL and Rougewave, I am aware of, but I do not see any three-tire business building components. I guess I will search www.dundas.com and others for that. May be code projects has some pointers on that.

Ref:

Component Based development with VS C#- Ted Faison- ISBN : 0-7645-4914-6

No comments: